What is a Recumbent Exercise Bike?
A Recumbent Exercise Bike is a bicycle that allows the rider to use it in a laid-back reclining position. Also, it has a large seat that provides full back support and comfort. In addition, your muscles on the upper body remain relaxed as you use it, thus focusing on your lower muscles.
Why Choose Indoor Cycling
A recumbent bike comes with the benefit of letting you watch television or read while exercising. This is attributed to its reclined position. Also, you can sing along to lyrics of a song as you ride, which discourages boredom.
Now, indoor cycling allows you to avoid harsh weather conditions such as the sun's glare or rainfall. Also, it’s convenient if you prefer privacy as you work out.
Types of Recumbent Bikes Available
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Schwinn 270 has oversized pedals with straps made with a three-piece construction for comfortable cycling.
Also, it is amongst the best recumbent exercise bikes because of its “high speed, high inertia” drive system. Consequently, this lets you pedal harder while providing optimal resistance.
In addition, it has a walkthrough frame and adjustable seat rails for different heights. Moreover, the seat and handlebars are padded for extra comfort.
Sole Fitness R92 Recumbent Bike
This is a top-of-the-range recumbent bike.
It is ideal if you suffer from any kind of back, foot, or joint problems because of its perfectly optimal positioned foot pedals and fully adjustable padded backrest. You can use it over and over again without experiencing any discomfort in your joints, feet, or back.
Also, it has a smooth magnetic resistance system with 20 levels of resistance. Indeed, this feature challenges a wide range of fitness levels in different people.
Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Bike
This low-cost recumbent bike is ideal for your home.
First, it is a strong recumbent bike with a large extended weight capacity of 300 pounds.
Second, its adjustable seat range is suitable for users between 5’3 and 6’3.
Third, it comes with a basic LCD that tracks speed, distance, calories, and pulse rate.
Also, it has a transport wheel for ease of movement if required.
Lastly, it has 8 magnetic resistance levels that offer a challenging workout.
Sole Fitness LCR Light Commercial Recumbent Bike
The Sole Fitness is intended to be used in a light commercial setting such as a health club or hotel and therefore also suitable for home use.
Most of all, it is considerably expensive as it is one of the best recumbent bikes. Also, it is exceptionally strong and sturdy with a 350-pound weight limit. Moreover, it delivers an extremely quiet operation that is smooth and consistent.
Meanwhile, it has ten workout programs, a large display unit with an in-built sound system, an MP3 port, and a cooling fan.
Lastly, a comfortable seat that should prevent any lower back pains along with a strong frame set it apart from cheaper models.
3G Cardio Elite RB Recumbent Bike
The 3G bike has an adjustable comfortable seat that conforms to your back as well as the length of the pedals. Also, it has a sleek console and backlit control knobs. In addition, the handles have a heart rate monitor built into them.
Next, this recumbent bike has a maximum length of 49” to fit in small spaces. Lastly, it accommodates users between 5 feet and 6’ 4”.
Benefits of a Recumbent Bike
- 1It is a safe and effective way to exercise or rehab after an injury for people with mobility problems or back pain. They are very easy to get on and off.
- 2Less stress on the joints. Running, jogging and many team sports can be hard on your joints because of the high amounts of impact involved. A recumbent exercise bike gets your heart rate up without putting excess stress on your joints.
- 3Offers a more relaxed and comfortable workout during a low or high impact workout. The reclining position allows you to work major muscle groups in your lower body without straining your back due to hunching over handlebars.
- 4It is a good way of cardio exercising. Hopping onto a recumbent bike will help your heart become more efficient at pumping blood.
- 5Has the convenience of being used whenever and wherever. You can keep a recumbent bike in your home, office, or patio, providing an excellent indoor workout without concern about inclement weather.
- 6It is an effective way of shedding some weight. It is an efficient way to burn calories.
- 7Suitable for people of all fitness levels thanks to its varied range of resistance.
Recumbent bikes bring the benefits of exercise to a wider range of audiences as they can be used by people recovering from muscle injuries or already fit individuals. They offer extra support on the upper body and a lower-body resistance workout.
It is a good way of working out without aggravating your back or knees.