Does Yoga Help You Lose Weight?
What is Couple Yoga?
Couple yoga is the practice of yoga with your partner. While the definition sounds so plain and shallow, it is essential to understand better what yoga is to understand couple yoga better. So yoga is a blend of physical and mental fitness that incorporates different forms of exercise. Perhaps it is famous because of the stretches and postures, but with the inclusion of meditation and self-discipline, the practice becomes more significant.
Since couple yoga involves a more intimate partner than your coach or trainer, the poses are somewhat different. There are various types of couples yoga distinguished by the level of flexibility, trust, and strength and Dating Mentor encourages that you try them out to see which is the perfect fit for you. The postures and stretches, in this case, are somewhat dependent on your partner since a lot of support is required for proper execution. So how does it help in your relationship?
Benefits of Yoga in a Relationship
The first thing that draws people into googling on how to do couple yoga poses is the benefits you can enjoy. Individually, yoga helps one who practices it in multiple ways. But for partners, get to enjoy several unique couple yoga benefits. Some of the rewards of practicing it includes:
- 1Increased relationship satisfaction – Practicing yoga with your partner helps build the element of romance, and each achievement gives a particular joy. Doing things together brings a stronger connection which is satisfactory.
- 2Builds on trust – The different postures that you do together build on your trust because you will rely on each other's strength and ability. Doing the stretches makes you feel safe in your partner's presence.
- 3Facilitate easy communication – From the simple communication of saying where you feel uncomfortable expressing how you felt the session was, couple yoga improves communication in a relationship.
- 4Improves sex life and intimacy – Intimacy majors in the level of connection you have with each other. This builds up from the trust, connection, amount of physical contact you get during the session, and flexibility that helps a couple explore more on the positions.
- 5Reduces stress and anxiety – It drives away any stress and anxiety in a relationship. You not only spend time together, but you also do things that you both like and enjoy.
How Yoga Helps with Weight Loss
All workout programs are subject to an alteration to your weight. You might either gain or lose depending on the selection of exercises, frequency, and, most importantly, your diet. It is like any other workout routine with a variety of exercises and practices that you can follow. That qualifies it among the ways of making changes to your scale reading.
Apart from the benefits, there is another factor that a couple yoga challenges will address. If you and your partner practice couple yoga effectively, you can, in turn, lose some extra pounds. However, it will not work if you don't include other contributors, such as the intensity of the exercises and your diet. The factors that contribute to weight loss from practicing couple yoga includes:
- 1Reduces stress which discourages overeating.
- 2Burns calories and tones your muscles which cut on pounds.
- 3Includes aerobic exercises which help in weight loss.
- 4Involves discipline, so once reduced, and you can easily maintain the new weight.
- 5Works on different muscles, ensuring you burn calories in multiple body parts.
We can never exhaust the benefits of yoga and more so if you practice it with your partner. It helps build your relationship, but it also assists in ensuring that you can deal with your weight issues. Moreover, couple yoga creates a connection with your partner. You also get to share a common hobby.
Have you tried a couple yoga? How was your experience? Leave a comment.
Miranda Davis is a freelance writer in the relation and psychology area. Miranda is interested in such topics as building healthy relationships between people, love/sex compatibility, and how to find the right balance in life in general. She is currently doing specific research on the topic. Miranda loves cooking and long-distance walking.