Foot Massager Buyers Guide for Plantar Fasciitis
Contains foot massager buyers guide that is used for understanding foot massagers. Incidentally, foot massager FAQ or frequently asked questions also provide valuable insight into these foot massagers.
Ease of Use
First, many foot massagers use panels physically located on the massager to manage its features. However, these panels require you to bend. On the other hand, some provide remote controllers. And, these controllers make it easy to manage the massager features without having to bend down.
Most of all, these massagers come in two forms: open and closed.
Open Foot Massagers
First, in the open foot massagers, you simply place your feet on the surface of the massager while it provides a massage. Because of its open nature, only the bottom of your feet get massaged. Below are some of the advantages of these massagers:
- First, these massagers are generally lightweight and portable. So, you can bring them to your workplace.
- Second, these massagers are silent and will not interfere others at work.
- Third, they keep your feet comfortable even when you place the massagers on shiny or slippery floors.
- Fourth, they do a complete massage on your soles. However, many do not massage your calves and ankles.
- Fifth, this type of massager will not massage your arches.
- Also, only some open foot massagers massage your heels.
- Finally, they need low maintenance
Closed Foot Massagers
Meanwhile, in a closed foot massager, the feet are totally enclosed by the massager. Consequently, all sides of the feet get a heat and/or compressed air massage. Also, because of its design, the closed foot massager provides more features and functionality than the open foot massager. While both types help Plantar Fasciitis, the closed foot massager provides air and heat massages that further contribute to getting relaxed.
- First, this type of massager massages your ankles, calves, sides, and some even your heels.
- Second, the closed foot massagers employ more massaging techniques.
- Third, they are easy to maintain.
- Fourth, some come with a remote control which is good for those who find bending difficult.
- Fifth, they have more massage intensity settings. Consequently, you can customize each massage session as much as you desire.
- Finally, even though they are designed to fit most people, some with large feet may find them uncomfortable.
Compressed Air Massage
Compressed air massage is typically found in closed foot massagers. Now, a compressed air massage helps relax muscles in the arches and sides of your feet. In fact, the massage occurs by the alternate inflation and deflation of the massager's airbags.
Heat massage helps you relax. In fact, the heat causes blood vessels in the vicinity to dilate. Consequently, blood circulation improves. Which, in turn causes more oxygen and nutrients to flow through your feet. As a result, muscle recovery speeds up.
Incidentally, heat massage comes in at least two forms. First there are models that produce a warm sensation. Then, there are models that generate high heat. Regrettably, the high heat is not safe for anyone who has lost sensation in the feet. On the other hand, for those who do have sensation in the feet, the heat produces a relaxing massage by warming your soles. By the way, this is a good outcome, especially in cold weather.
A kneading massage is found in both open and closed design massagers. In fact, the kneading massage is done on the soles of your feet. Incidentally, there are several ways this is done. For example, some massagers use massage heads, with different massage nodes, to spin clockwise, counter-clockwise, or move back and forth. These movements provide a kneading massage to the soles of your feet.
Oscillating massage is typically found in open foot massagers. In fact, when you rest your feet on them, these massagers oscillate your feet to give your feet a relaxing massage.
A shiatsu massage is used both by open and closed foot massagers. This massager works by applying pressure on different parts of your feet. Furthermore, this pressure stimulates and relax muscles. Also, it helps improve blood circulation.
Meanwhile, massagers differ in their warranty and return periods. By and large, the longer the warranty period and return period, the more reliable the massager. This is important, because many of these massagers have moving parts.