6 Best Handheld Back Massagers to Make You Good with Easy Reach in 2020
First and foremost, handheld back massagers allow you to get relief from typical back problems. For example, problems such as pain, spasms, knots, sprains, osteoarthritis of the spine, and fibromyalgia. Furthermore, these handheld back massagers are in a class of deep tissue massagers that help you get relief from muscle problems. Finally, foot massagers help you get relief from problems in the feet.
Quick Answer: Best Handheld Back Massagers For 2020
Table of Contents
6 Best Handheld Back Massager Reviews
5. MIGHTY BLISS
Comparison of 6 Best Handheld Back Massagers
A table comparing handheld back massagers, reviewed below, is available to help you make a decision.
RENPHO Rechargeable Hand Held Deep Tissue Massager for Muscles, Back, Foot, Neck, Shoulder, Leg, Calf - Cordless Electric Percussion Full Body Massager
Most of all, this handheld back massager comes with five interchangeable head-attachments.
- 1First, a round head for general point massage.
- 2Second, a one-point head for focused trigger-point massage.
- 3Third, a 3-intensive head for soft contact massage over a bigger area.
- 4Next, a 3-point head for a soft massage.
- 5Finally, a curved head for massaging the arms and legs.
By the way, the round head and the one-point head are made of hard plastic.
- 1First, it has four massage modes, or rates at which the massage head goes back and forth. While, modes 1 and 2 provide a relaxing massage, modes 3 and 4 provide a rougher massage.
- 2Also, it has four power modes, or the distance the massage head travels during each pulse. Consequently, you can increase or decrease the power of the percussions.
Meanwhile, it has a battery capacity of 2,600 milliamp hours. Consequently, the rechargeable battery lasts for approximately 140 minutes on a full charge.
Next, the powerful motor generates 3,600 pulses per minute to effectively relieve pain. Most noteworthy, the motor automatically stops after 20 minutes to prevent overheating.
- 1Battery output: 8.4 volts DC, 12 watts.
- 2Battery adapter input: 100 – 250 volts AC 50/60 Hz
- 1First and foremost, the handheld cordless design provides flexibility during use.
- 2Moreover, it is made of high-quality ABS plastic.
- 3Also, weighing only 1.8 pounds, it is both lightweight and portable.
- 4Next, the long handle makes it comfortable to hold and easy to massage hard to reach areas.
- 5Meanwhile, the massager is 15” long, 3” wide, and 4.5” high.
- 6Also, it is registered with the Food and Drug Administration and certified by the FCC.
- 7Finally, it comes with a one-year warranty.
Most of all, the massager breaks up knots in muscles and speeds up their recovery.
- 1First and foremost, these handheld back massagers are used to relax and relieve aches and pains in the back, shoulders, neck, joints, soles of feet, leg, and calves.
- 2And, they are used for muscle recovery or simply to relax.
- 1First, the massager comes with five massage heads.
- 2Next, the massager has four different rates at which the massage head goes back and forth.
- 3Also, you can adjust the distances or power of the percussions for each massage mode.
- 4Meanwhile, the battery can run for up to 140 minutes after being charged.
- 5Moreover, the motor can generate 3,600 pulses per minute.
- 6Also, it is registered with the FDA.
- 7Finally, it comes with a 1-year warranty
PUREWAVE™ CM-07 Dual Motor Percussion + Vibration Therapy Massager
Above all, this handheld back massager comes with six massages sticks or heads.
- 1First, the soft air-cushion stick can be used for soft general massage in most areas. In addition, it is recommended for sensitive areas where there is more “bone” to muscle such as joints, shoulders, knees or ankles.
- 2Second, the six-head stick is used for waist, back, thigh, or other deep tissue massages.
- 3Third, the point stick is used for reflexology and acupressure. Also, it is recommended in areas where there is more muscle and hardly any bones nearby.
- 4Next, the scalp stick is used for a soothing scalp massage.
- 5Furthermore, the body massage oil stick is a great way to apply medicated creams or to use with a partner for a deeper more relaxing massage with massage lotions, oils, or gels.
- 6Finally, the small facial stick is used for a relaxing facial vibration massage using facial creams, lotions, oil or gel.
Next, using a knob, the intensity of the percussion massage can be adjusted from a speed of 1,500 to 3,700 revolutions per minute. Meanwhile, the micro-vibration facial massager has a speed of 11,000 revolutions per minute.
First, the 8.5 volts, 1 ampere rechargeable battery has a capacity to generate 16.28 watts of energy in one hour. Consequently, the battery lasts for approximately 190 minutes on a full charge. Meanwhile, it takes 120 minutes to fully charge.
Next, the massager is configured with two motors. While, one motor powers the powerful percussion massager, the other motor powers the micro-vibration massager.
- 1Battery output: 8.5 volts DC, 1 ampere
- 2Battery adapter input: 100 – 240 volts AC 50/60 Hz, 0.4 amps max
- 1By the way, this massager is used by hundreds of chiropractors, physical therapists, LMT’s and sports trainers to speed up recovery.
- 2Also, weighing only 1.75 pounds, it is both lightweight and portable.
- 3In addition, the long handle makes it comfortable to hold and easy to get to hard to reach areas.
- 4Meanwhile, the massager is 16.5” long, 2.8” wide, and 3.5” high.
- 5Also, the massager is registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- 6Finally, it comes with a one-year limited warranty and 90-day money back guarantee.
Most noteworthy, this massager provides both percussion and vibration therapy. breaks down scar tissue, increase circulation, relax muscles and speeds recovery.
- 1First and foremost, these handheld back massagers use percussion technology to relax and relieve aches and pains in the back, sciatica, neck, leg, foot, plantar fasciitis, tendinitis, and arthritis.
- 2Also, they are used to break up muscle knots and relax muscle spasms, stiff neck, tension, muscle knots, sore muscles, back spasm, back pain, and leg cramps.
- 1Most of all, the massager provides two types of massages: a percussion massage and a micro-vibration massage.
- 2Next, the massager comes with six massage sticks.
- 3Also, the intensity of the percussion massage adjustable from 1,500 to 3,700 percussions per minute.
- 4In addition, the intensity of the micro-vibration massage is 11,000 revolutions per minute.
- 5By the way, the battery can run for 190 minutes after being charged.
- 6Moreover, it is registered with the FDA.
- 7Finally, it comes with a one-year limited warranty and a 90-day money back guarantee.
- 1Meanwhile, the battery takes up to 120 minutes to fully charge.
3. VIKTOR JURGEN
VIKTOR JURGEN Handheld Back Massager - Double Head Electric Full Body Massager - Deep Tissue Percussion Massage for Muscles, Head, Neck, Shoulder, Back, Leg, Foot
The Viktor Jurgen massager comes with three sets of massage heads. Moreover, each set consist of two identical massage heads for this double headed massager.
Now, the two heads of the massager massages two body areas, like the two hands of a masseur. Meanwhile, the three massage heads are:
- 1First, the air cushion or circular stick is an O-shaped massage head. Moreover, the percussion massage from these heads are used to treat sore muscles including areas near bones and joints. Furthermore, these heads provide a Swedish massage, consisting of light, rhythmic, tapping strokes, on topmost layers of muscles.
- 2Second, massage heads for a deep shiatsu massage are used on the waist, back, leg, or thigh. By the way, a shiatsu massage uses tips of fingers, thumb, and palm to pure pressure on parts of the body.
- 3Finally, the remaining massage heads are used for acupuncture therapy.
Next, using a sliding bar on the back of the massager, the intensity of the percussion massage can be adjusted up to the maximum of 3,350 pulses per minute.
Meanwhile, the powerful copper motor generates up to 3,350 pulses per minute.
- 1The massager uses 20 to 28 watts of electric power.
- 2Voltage: 110-240 volts AC.
- 1First, the non-slip, comfortable strong rubber allows you to firmly grip the massager.
- 2Also, it has a 71-inch power cord.
- 3Meanwhile, the massager is 14.6” long, 6.7” wide, and 5.5” high.
- 4Finally, it comes with a 3-year limited warranty and 90-day money back guarantee.
- 1First, it relieves built-up muscle tension and pain.
- 2Next, it improves blood circulation.
- 3Also, it provides deep tissue body massage.
- 4Finally, it helps you relax your neck, shoulders, upper-back, lower-back, arms, legs, and feet.
Most of all, use these handheld back massagers for the neck, shoulders, upper-back, lower-back, arms, legs, and feet.
- 1First, the double headed massager replicates a hand massage.
- 2Moreover, the massager comes with three sets of massage heads providing three types of massages.
- 3Next, the percussion intensity levels adjusted using a sliding bar up to 3,350 pulses per minute.
- 4Also, since it uses AC power, you avoid having to wait for a battery to be recharged.
- 5Finally, it comes with a 3-year limited warranty and 90-day money back guarantee.
VivReal Handheld Back Massager, Cordless Massager Deep Tissue Massage for Back Muscle, Foot, Neck, Shoulder, Leg
Above all, this handheld back massager comes with six massage nodes targeting six different areas of your body.
- 1First, a node for the neck.
- 2Second, a node for the back.
- 3Third, a node for the leg.
- 4Next, a node for the thigh.
- 5Also, a node for the ankle.
- 6Finally, a node for the foot.
Next, buttons, on the massager, let the user select from six speed settings that set the intensity of the percussions. Also, buttons let the user select from six massage modes.
Next, the rechargeable battery lasts for approximately 100 minutes on a full charge. In addition, the smart battery status display lets you know when it’s time to recharge battery.
Meanwhile, the powerful pure copper motor generates up to 3,200 pulses per minute. And, to prevent overheating or overuse (such as falling asleep with the massager running), motor will automatically stop after 15 minutes of continuous use.
Battery adapter input: 100 – 240 volts AC 50/60 Hz
- 1Next, weighing only 1.85 pounds, it is both lightweight and portable.
- 2Also, the massager is 16” long, 2.5” wide, and 3.5” high.
- 3Finally, the massager comes with a one-year warranty.
One of the benefits, is improved blood circulation.
First, these handheld back massagers are used to relieve physical stress, fatigue, aches, knots, and muscle tension. Also, they are used to massage back, foot, arm, leg, calf, neck, shoulder, elbow, and thigh.
- 1First, the massager comes with six massage nodes for each of six areas of the body
- 2Next, it has six percussion intensity levels corresponding to six speed settings.
- 3Also, the battery runs for 100 minutes after full charged.
- 4Meanwhile, the motor generates up to 3,200 percussions per minute.
- 5To prevent overheating and prevent injury, motor stops automatically after 15 minutes of continuous use.
- 6Finally, it comes with a 1-year warranty.
5. MIGHTY BLISS™
MIGHTY BLISS™ Deep Tissue Back and Body Massager - Electric Handheld Percussion Muscle Hand Massager - Full Body Pain Relief Vibrating Therapy Massage Machine
Above all, this handheld back massager comes with six massage heads that help provide Swedish, deep tissue, trigger point, acupoints, and sports massages. In addition, the scalp head provides a soothing scalp massage.
Next, the Mighty Bliss uses three speed settings to deliver moderately intense massages.
By the way, the battery lasts for approximately 120 minutes on a full charge. Meanwhile, it takes 60 minutes to fully charge the battery. Also, it can be charged during use.
Next, the massager has a super powerful 3,700 revolutions per minute percussion motor.
- 1Battery adapter input: 120 - 240 volts AC, 50/60 Hz
- 2Can only be plugged into a 120-volt outlet
- 1First, the massager is slim, has no power cords, and is lightweight.
- 2Also, weighing only 1.25 pounds, it is both lightweight and portable.
- 3In addition, the long handle makes it comfortable to hold and easy to reach hard to reach areas with one hand.
- 4Next, it runs quietly.
- 5Finally, it comes with a lifetime replacement warranty.
- 6Also, it has a money back guarantee if massager fails to meet your expectations.
Meanwhile, the massager increases blood circulation. Also, it effectively relaxes muscles and cramps.
- 1First and foremost, these handheld back massagers are used to get rid of back pain and knots in your back.
- 2Next, they are also used for massaging neck, shoulder, legs, and feet.
- 3Finally, they can be used to relieve plantar fasciitis.
- 1First, it comes with six massage heads providing six massages.
- 2Second, the motor generates 3,700 percussions per minute.
- 3Next, the battery runs for 120 minutes. However, the battery takes 60 minutes to recharge.
- 4Furthermore, it can be used for relieving Plantar Fasciitis.
- 5Also, it has a money back guarantee if the massager fails your expectations.
- 6Finally, the massager has a lifetime replacement warranty.
TheraFlow Handheld Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
Above all, this handheld back massager comes with three massage heads. Moreover, each head is made of a flexible silicon material that is neither too hard nor too soft. Also, each head is designed to deliver a different massage experience.
- 1First, the dual point head is perfect for massaging the back, shoulders, and around the spine. Also, this head is designed to mimic the fingers of a masseuse performing a kneading massage.
- 2Second, the bristle head is great for sensitive areas like the scalp and neck.
- 3Finally, the shiatsu head is great for focused acupoint massage. By the way, this head recreates the effects of a deep pressure point massage - mimicking the knuckles or the elbow of a masseuse.
Next, the variable massage intensity dial delivers a variable intensity massage.
Meanwhile, the massager gets its power from cord connected to 120 volts AC, 60 Hz power outlet.
- 1First, the massager comes with an extended power cord that give you reach and flexibility, especially for the difficult to reach areas of the back.
- 2Next, weighing only 2.49 pounds, it is both lightweight and portable.
- 3Also, the ergonomically designed long handle and weight distribution makes it comfortable to reach almost any part of the body.
- 4Meanwhile, the massager is 14.8” long, 3.3” wide, and 4” high.
- 5And, it runs quietly.
- 6Finally, it has a 1-year guarantee with a 24-hour response time.
- 1First, it delivers a strong percussion action trigger point massage.
- 2Also, it delivers a powerful and therapeutic massage that penetrates deeply into sore muscles and knots in the body.
- 1First and foremost, these trigger point handheld back massagers are used to soothe sore muscles, muscle pain, and tight muscles.
- 2Also, they are used to get relief for body aches, melt away stress and tension.
- 3Finally, they are used for muscles, back, neck, foot, shoulders, scalp, and head.
- 1First, the massager has three massage heads.
- 2Second, using a power cord allows you to use the massager for longer periods as compared to a battery operated massager. Consequently, there is no need to wait for a drained battery to get recharged.
- 3Lastly, it comes with a 1-year guarantee with 24-hour response time.
- 1However, the power cord doesn’t provide the same freedom of movement as a battery-operated massager.
Buyer's Guide for Back Massagers
Some of the features to compare these best handheld back massagers are described below.
First, the intensity of a handheld back massager is controlled by its speed, or the frequency at which the massage head goes back and forth. For example, lower speeds are good for a relaxing massage. And, as the speed increases you get a stronger deep tissue massage to relieve more intense pain. However, a very fast speed can be uncomfortable for some people. Therefore, choose a massager which lets you adjust the speed and thereby the intensity.
While, there are many variations to the shape of massage heads, some examples are described below.
Now, a curved head is best for massaging your arms and legs.
Kneading or 1-Point Head
Next, a kneading massage is like kneading dough. In fact, this massage causes muscle tissue to push against each other and the bones. As a result, a kneading massage helps loosen tension in tight muscles, thereby giving you relief from pain and improve flexibility. By the way, a kneading head is a pointed head meant to press hard into muscles.
Meanwhile, a wide round head gives you a gentle massage. As a result, it helps to relax your muscles. And it’s good for anyone who doesn’t want a deep hard massage.
Furthermore, a scalp head is used for a light massage of the scalp. Most of all, this massage gets you relief from stress and tension. Also, it improves blood circulation to the head. And, it makes you less tired.
Because you may use the massager on your neck, upper back and arms it comes close to your ears. Consequently, you want it to be relatively quiet.
Most of all, a massager that uses batteries gives you a lot of freedom in how and where you use the massager. However, batteries have a limited amount of time before they need recharging. So, you need to decide if the amount of time a battery can operate the massager continuously, is enough for your needs. In addition, you need to consider if the time to recharge a battery works for your needs.
On the other hand, a handheld back massager with a power cord frees you from battery issues. However, the power cord requires you to use the massager near a power outlet. Finally, you need to ensure the power cord is long enough for the way you use the massager. For example, a short power cord will put limitations on how you use the back massager. While, a power cord that is too long, may make the massager somewhat bulky to move around. Also, you may end up with cord on the floor, which may cause you to trip.
Next, the warranty and return policy is an indicator of the massager’s reliability. That doesn’t mean the massager isn’t going to break down in the first month. However, if it does, it likely had manufacturing defect and the seller should replace it. But, once it goes past that initial period, the massager should work fine for a long time, especially if the warranty covers a longer period.
Finally, since it is a handheld back massager, it’s weight will determine whether it’s comfortable for you to use with one hand. However, a massager that’s too heavy or bulky, may make it difficult to use on your back and tire out your hands or arms.
Also, sometimes you need to push the massager against your back. So, the massager needs to be light enough for your hand to do the pushing against your back. On the other hand, a light massager may not be powerful enough or of good quality.
By the way, there is a way to find out what weight works for you. So, get a long plastic bottle and fill it with water. Then, hold the top and verify if you are comfortable pushing the bottle against the part of the back you are typically going to massage. Consequently, that’s the weight of the back massager to get.
Tips in Choosing Handheld Back Massagers?
- 1First, identify massage heads that best satisfy your needs. Consequently, you can pare down the choices to only the massagers having these massage heads.
- 2Next, choose between a portable, battery powered massager or a corded massager. A battery powered massager, assumes the battery is charged and ready to go when you need it. And, if the battery has been drained, you may have to wait for the battery to be, at least, partially charged. On the other hand, a corded massager is ready to go, if you have no issues with the power cord coming in the way during the massage.
- 3Finally, look at the warranty and return policy and see if they are adequate for your needs.