The 5 Best Chi Machines for DIY Passive Aerobic Workouts in 2020
First and foremost, the focus of this article is chi machine reviews. Most of all, chi machines are in the same class of motor driven Do It Yourself (DIY) passive exercise machines like the motor driven passive leg exerciser for seniors and the passive motor driven pedal exercisers. In fact, these machines create a dynamic wave of sideways motion travelling up and down the spine at a fixed or variable oscillation frequency. Now, the original purpose of creating this sideways oscillation was to stimulate an area that is three finger widths below and two finger widths behind the navel. Moreover, one of the chi machine benefits is stimulation of the autonomic nervous system located within the spinal column. As a result, breathing gets deeper demonstrating that the body is experiencing a stimulating form of exercise with the chi machine.
Quick Answer: 5 Best Chi Machines for 2020
Table of Contents
5 Best Chi Machines Reviewed
5. Surge of Chi
Comparison of 5 Best Chi Machines
Click here to see a side-by-side comparison of the chi machine reviews, seen below, to help you decide. Meanwhile, below is a list of these chi machines listed in decreasing rating order.
- 1Surge of Chi
- 2Chi Vitalizer
- 3Healthy Swinger
- 4Swing Master
- 5Vitality Swing
1. Healthy Swinger
AB-07 Healthy Swinger
This section contains the chi machine reviews of the Healthy Swinger.
- 1First, it has a user friendly remote with 1-touch buttons for auto-mode and pre-set programs. As a result, it is easy to control the healthy swinger from a prone position.
- 2Second, the chi machine reviews of the Healthy Swinger indicate that it has 14 swing speeds ranging from 95 to 175 rotations or swings per minute.
- 3Third, the Healthy Swinger has auto-timed programs of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 minutes.
- 4Next, it has a quiet operation.
- 5Also, it has an ergonomic design.
- 6In addition, the handle helps you move it.
- 7Furthermore, the AB-07 swinger comes with a swivel disc.
- 8Meanwhile, it has padding for the ankle for more comfort.
- 9Finally, it comes with a 1-year warranty.
- 1Net Weight: 9.5 pounds, gross weight 13 pounds
- 2Dimensions: 9.25” long, 13” wide, 12.75” height
- 3Power: 110 volts AC, 60 Hz.
- 420-watts motor
- 56-foot power cord
- 1First, the healthy swinger does not apply stress on the spine or other body parts.
- 2Second, the gentle side-to-side rocking motion helps maintain a proper balance and oxygen supply to the body.
- 3Third, it is an effective remedy for those with circulation problems in the legs and feet.
- 4Fourth, one of the chi machine benefits is the detoxification of the lymphatic system by being stimulated.
- 5Also, chi machine benefits include stress reduction by relaxing your body.
- 6Finally, it is used for the following:
a. Activate cells
b. Relieve stress or tension on the spine
c. Improve immunity and durability
d. Stimulate blood cell reproduction
e. Help achieve good health
f. Balance of self-control nerve
g. Full body workout
Most of all, chi machine benefits include its ease of use. In fact, simply lie down, place ankles in the cradle, and relax.
- 1First, it has 6 timers ranging from 5 to 30 minutes.
- 2Second, it has 14 swing speeds ranging from 95 to 175 swings per minute.
- 3Finally, it comes with a 1-year warranty.
- 1First, the six feet power cord means you may need an extension cord to use it away from the power outlet.
- 2Also, it only has a 20-watt motor.
2. Chi Vitalizer
Chi Vitalizer Machine - U.S. JACLEAN USJ-106
This section contains the chi machine reviews of the Chi Vitalizer.
- 1First, the chi vitalizer comes with thick padded ankle cradles.
- 2Next, the chi machine reviews of the chi vitalizer machine indicates that it has speeds from 90 to 150 swings or beats per minute. Consequently, you can tailor the speed to your size and weight.
- 3Also, the variable speed remote controller has a 48 inches long cord, which makes it easy to control the machine from up to 4 feet away.
- 4In addition, for your safety, it has a 15-minute timer.
- 5Especially relevant, there is a slight arc movement, at the ends of a swing, to increase the range of motion your body experiences. As a result, more of your leg muscles are engaged so you get a more complete workout.
- 6Also, there is a handle for moving the machine.
- 7Next, the 112 inches long power cord means you don’t need to use the machine next to a power outlet.
- 8Also, the chi vitalizer machine has a large stable base that prevents it from wobbling.
- 9Finally, the chi vitalizer comes with a limited 2-year warranty and a 30-day money-back return policy.
- 1Weight: 20 pounds
- 2Dimensions: 16” wide, 14” deep, 11” high
- 3Power: 120 volts, 60 Hz AC
- 4Heavy duty commercial quality 40-watt motor
- 1First, the vitalizer helps relieve swollen ankles.
- 2Next, you get better sleep.
- 3Also, this chi machine benefits include improved circulation, which helps oxygenate cells and promote cell repair,
- 4In addition, it rejuvenates and increases your energy.
- 5Moreover, it restores energy lost from fibromyalgia or lyme’s disease.
- 6Most of all, it stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, spinal column, and vertebrae to relieve back, neck and shoulder pain, muscle pain, and neuralgia. On the other hand, in case of severe muscle pain that doesn't go away deep tissue massagers may help.
- 7Next, this chi machine benefits include removal of toxins that have accumulated in your body throughout the day.
- 8Also, it strengthens your immune system, thereby increasing your body's ability to fight off infection and repair damaged cells.
- 9In addition, it realigns the spine, relaxes back muscles, increases blood flow and oxygen to the spinal column.
- 10Furthermore, the chi vitalizer machine helps decreases blood pressure.
- 11Also, this chi machine benefits include relaxing your spine and nervous system to improve overall health and physiological function.
- 12Next, this chi machine benefits include an increase in your metabolism.
- 13And, maximize your athletic performance.
- 14Finally, the chi vitalizer massages your muscles.
- 1Most of all, chi machine benefits include its ease of use. In fact, simply lie down and relax.
- 2In fact, using it for 5 to 15 minutes a day affects blood and lymph flow to the same extent as a 30-minute walk.
- 3So, start with a short period of time and at slow speed. Then monitor your results and increase the time and speed at your own pace.
- 1First, it has speeds ranging from 90 to 150 swings per minute.
- 2Second, it has a 15-minute timer for your safety.
- 3Next, it has a heavy-duty commercial quality 40-watt motor.
- 4Also, for your comfort, it has thick padded ankle cradles.
- 5In addition, it weighs only 20 pounds.
- 6Moreover, it has handles to help you move the machine.
- 7Furthermore, for your convenience, it comes with a tethered remote controller to manage the machine.
- 8By the way, there is slight arc in cradle movement that increases your range of motion.
- 9Finally, it has a 2-year warranty. In addition, it comes with a 30-day return policy.
3. Vitality Swing
Daiwa Felicity Original Chi Swing Machine, Deluxe Passive Aerobic Exerciser, Circulation Qi Machine Vitality Swing - U.S. JACLEAN USJ-815
This section contains the chi machine reviews of the Vitality Swing.
- 1First, the swing machine comes with thick vinyl padded cradles.
- 2Second, the chi machine reviews of this super deluxe vitality swing indicates that it creates a wave-like motion that travels from the ankles, moving up the legs and spine.
- 3Also, the healthy swing machine comes with variable speed that is adjusted with a wired remote controller.
- 4In addition, the power cord is seven feet long.
- 5Furthermore, this machine is relatively quiet generating only 54 dB sound.
- 6Finally, the healthy swing machine has a 15-minute timer.
- 1Weight: 15 pounds
- 2Dimensions: 11” long, 16” wide, and 15” high
- 3Extra heavy duty 40-watt motor
- 1First, the Qi machine can help increase circulation to the lower extremities in sedentary people.
- 2Second, the healthy swing machine increases oxygen in blood.
- 3Next, it is used to reduce stress, get a restful sleep, increase your energy, and overall revitalization.
- 4Also, the healthy swing machine loosens tight hips and spine.
- 5In addition, this chi machine benefits include reduced swelling in the legs.
- 6Furthermore, it improves lymphatic flow and boost metabolism.
- 7Also, this chi exerciser calms and relaxes you.
- 8Finally, people with disabling injuries, chronic pain, or inability to exercise can use the swing machine.
- 1First, the healthy swing machine is easy to use. In fact, just sit on the ground and place your feet on the comfortable ankle pads. Then, lie back in a relaxing position. Next, turn on the machine and control its speed using the convenient remote control.
- 2Also, focus on relaxing your muscles and breathing steadily as the wave-like motion of the legs moves up the body into the spine, the neck, and the shoulders.
- 1First, the user can use various speeds to swing the legs.
- 2Second, for your safety, it has a 15-minute timer.
- 3Next, it has a heavy-duty 40-watt motor.
- 4Also, for your comfort, it has thick vinyl padded cradles.
- 5In addition, it weighs only 15 pounds.
- 6Moreover, it has handles to help you move the machine.
- 7Finally, for your convenience, it comes with a tethered remote controller to manage the machine.
- 1However, there is no mention of warranty.
- 2Also, there is no mention of rates at which the machine swings the legs.
4. Swing Master
Daiwa Felicity Original Chi Machine - Passive Aerobic Exerciser - Circulation Qi Machine - Swing Master Deluxe Model - U.S. JACLEAN USJ-201
This section contains the chi machine reviews of the Swing Master.
- 1First, the swing master comes with padded vinyl ankle cradles.
- 2Next, the chi machine reviews of the chi exerciser indicates that it has speeds from 120 to 140 swings or beats per minute. Consequently, you can tailor the speed to your size and weight
- 3Next, the swing master creates a wave-like motion that travels from the ankles up the legs and spine.
- 4Also, this chi exerciser comes with a 4.8 foot long tethered remote controller for adjusting speed of the swings.
- 5In addition, for your safety, it has a 15-minute timer.
- 6Furthermore, this chi exerciser is relatively quiet generating only 58 dB sound.
- 7Finally, it comes with a 1-year standard warranty.
- 1Weight: 9 pounds
- 2Dimensions: 9” long, 8” wide, and 11.5” high
- 3Power: 120 volts, 60 Hz AC
- 4Strong 15-watt motor
- 1First, the Qi Machine helps increase circulation to the lower extremities of sedentary people.
- 2Next, this chi machine benefits include relaxing the spine and nervous system to reduce stress.
- 3Also, it helps achieve a state of deep relaxation, get a restful sleep, increase your energy, and overall revitalization.
- 4In addition, this chi machine benefits include a soothing massage to relax muscles.
- 5Next, it improves lymphatic flow. In fact, chi swing machines stimulate the lymphatic system, which is responsible for clearing excess fluids from the body. Indeed, research has shown that chi swing devices are an effective at-home adjunct therapy for patients who have experienced a decline in their lymphatic system (condition referred to as lymphoedema). Furthermore, this condition can develop alongside other health problems and cause a buildup of fluids, usually in the legs and feet.
- 6Also, it helps you lose weight by increasing your metabolism.
- 7Next, it improves your athletic performance.
- 8In addition, this chi machine benefits include boosting your immune system to fight off infection.
- 9Also, it stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, spinal column and vertebrae to get rid of back pain, muscle aches and neuralgia.
- 10Finally, the swing master increases oxygen intake into your cells to boost cell repair.
- 1Most of all, it is easy to use. In fact, just sit on the ground and place your feet on the comfortable ankle pads. Lie back in a relaxing position. Turn on the machine and control its speed using the convenient remote control.
- 2Next, focus on relaxing your muscles and breathing steadily as the wave-like motion of the legs moves up the body into the spine, the neck, and the shoulders.
- 1First, for your safety, it has a 15-minute timer.
- 2Second, for your comfort, it has padded vinyl ankle cradles.
- 3Also, it weighs only 9 pounds.
- 4In addition, for your convenience, it comes with a tethered remote controller to manage the machine.
- 5Finally, it comes with a 1-year warranty and a standard 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 1First, there is no mention of the rate at which the machine swings legs.
- 2Also, the 15-watt motor is not as powerful as the other machines reviewed here.
- 3Finally, it doesn't have handles to help you move the machine.
5. Surge of Chi
Surge of Chi Exerciser Mark 4
This section contains the chi machine reviews of the Surge of Chi.
Features - Cradle
- 1First, for maximum comfort, the Mark 4 comes with well-padded leg cradles. Moreover, the cradles are covered with soft but hard-wearing leather. Also, these cradles are more comfortable on the ankles than hard plastic cradles.
- 2Second, the cradles can be adjusted for any body size.
- 3Also, the cradle's angle can be adjusted to the user's height & weight.
- 4Incidentally, the cradle’s 1.75” side-to-side travel width has the greatest effect on the back.
- 5Next, far Infrared heating units, integral to the cradle, emit gentle yet penetrating therapeutic warmth to ease stiff lower leg muscles.
- 6Also, the cradles move smoothly.
- 7Incidentally, the cradles also vibrate to give a massage. Meanwhile, the user can select between 12 vibration frequencies.
- 8Finally, the cradle has multiple speed settings ranging from 80 to 160 swings or beats per minute. Also, these settings are adjustable in increments of one.
- 1First, the cradle's swinging speed is changed with the tethered remote controller.
- 2Second, the remote controller has a digital timer that is used to set workout time. In addition, the remote controller has a LCD display showing remaining workout duration.
- 3Next, this chi exerciser has three auto-modes, each with pre-programmed 15-minute workouts. Also, in each of the auto-mode workouts, cradle speed changes gradually and automatically.
- 4Finally, the Mark 4 comes with a 2-year standard warranty as well as a 60-day money back guarantee. Moreover, the warranty can be, optionally, extended for up to two additional years.
- 1Weight: 15.6 pounds
- 2Dimensions: 15.5” long, 10.5” wide, 13.5” height
- 3A 45 watts heavy duty DC motor for long life and smooth ride, with advanced electronic programming
- 1First, this chi exerciser has speeds ranging from 80 to 160 swings per minute, that can be changed in increments of one.
- 2Second, for your safety, the chi exerciser has a 15-minute timer.
- 3Third, it has a heavy duty 45-watts motor. Also, this long life motor generates smooth swings. Moreover, it has advanced electronic programming capabilities.
- 4Next, for your comfort, the well-padded leg cradles are covered with soft but hard-wearing leather.
- 5Also, the cradles can be adjusted to your height and weight.
- 6In addition, the cradles move 1.75 inches side-to-side.
- 7Furthermore, the cradles generate infrared heat to warm the lower legs.
- 8Also, this chi exerciser can vibrate at 12 vibration frequencies, which you can select.
- 9In addition, it has three available auto programs to use.
- 10Next, it weighs only 15.6 pounds.
- 11Also, it has handles to help you move the machine.
- 12Furthermore, for your convenience, it comes with a tethered remote controller select auto programs, swing speed, vibration frequency, and infrared heat. Also, the controller is used to set workout duration and can be used to see workout time remaining.
- 13Finally, the chi exerciser comes with a 2-year warranty. Also, it has a 60-days return policy.
Buyer's Guide for Chi Machines
The chi machine reviews are based on the following features.
First, a handle offers a convenient way to move the machine from the closet or another storage location to wherever on the floor it will be used. In fact, without the handle, both hands are likely to be needed to transport the machine. While this is not a problem for most, the elderly or others in similar state may find it hard to do.
Next, the motor helps swing the cradles side to side with the weight of the legs on the cradle. Consequently, the motor needs enough power for the heaviest person to use the machine. Generally, a 40-watt motor is more than adequate. On the other hand, a motor rated less than 25-watts may not provide enough juice for heavier users.
Power Supply Cable
Next, a chi machine with a long power supply cord enables its use away from the wall and furniture. On the other hand, a short cord will restrict the machine’s use closer to the wall where the furniture doesn’t get in the way.
Incidentally, nearly all chi machines come with a tethered remote controller. As a result, the machine can be conveniently controlled while lying down on the floor. Also, the longer the tether the more convenient it is for you to use the remote.
Most of all, the speed of a chi machine is the rate at which the cradles swing side-to-side. For the most part, speeds of chi machines range from a low of 80 swings or beats per minute to a high of 160 swings per minute. Furthermore, the consensus is to start with a slower speed. Also, the slower speed helps many relax. While the fastest speeds can be invigorating. Meanwhile, the range of speeds allows the user to find the speed that’s most comfortable.
Next, if the machine is going to used frequently over months or years, a warranty covering parts and labor provides good insurance. Moreover, a return policy is always a benefit, especially if the machine doesn’t work out as expected.
Finally, the weight of the machine will, along with its physical dimensions, determine whether the machine will stay stable as you use it. For example, a lighter machine may wobble at high speeds, especially with a heavier user.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
Q: What Do You Get from the Chi Exerciser?
- 1First, low speeds improve blood flow through the lower half of the body, while higher speeds improve blood flow through the upper half.
- 2Consequently, oxygen levels increase, which helps to oxygenate the spinal column and body.
- 3Also, it helps decrease blood pressure.
- 4In addition, oxygen intake by the cells increases to promote cell repair.
Better Lymphatic System
- 1Next, the chi exerciser stimulates the lymphatic system, which is responsible for clearing excess fluids from the body. Indeed, research has shown that chi swing devices are an effective at-home adjunct therapy for patients who have experienced a decline in their lymphatic system (condition referred to as lymphoedema). Furthermore, this condition can develop alongside other health problems and cause a buildup of fluids, usually in the legs and feet.
- 2In addition, low speed increases elimination of toxins from the lower half of the body, while high speeds eliminate them from the upper half.
- 3Also, the improved lymphatic flow is beneficial to the immune system, thereby increasing the body's ability to fight off infection and repair damaged cells.
- 1Moreover, you get better, more restful sleep.
- 2Also, it rejuvenates and increases your energy.
- 3And, the chi exerciser restores energy lost from fibromyalgia or lyme’s disease.
- 4Furthermore, it stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, spinal column, and vertebrae to relieve back, neck and shoulder pain, muscle pain, and neuralgia.
- 5Next, it passively exercises and stretches back muscles.
- 6In addition, it realigns the spine.
- 7And, it relaxes muscles, including back muscles, by giving them a soothing massage.
- 8Also, it relieves stress by relaxing the spine and nervous system.
- 9Furthermore, it improves overall health and physiological function.
- 10Next, by increasing your metabolism it helps you lose weight.
- 11And, used before a workout, it loosens muscles making it easier for you to exercise.
- 12Also, it improves and maximizes your athletic performance.
- 13Next, it loosens tight hips and spine.
- 14In addition, it reduces leg swelling and swollen ankles.
- 15Also, it provides a feeling of calmness and relaxation.
- 16And, it helps achieve a state of deep relaxation and overall revitalization.
- 17Most of all, the agitation helps constipation and improves the ability to digest food.
- 18Finally, people with disabling injuries, chronic pain, or inability to exercise can use the machine as a substitute for exercise.
Q: Are there any Studies on the Benefits of these Machines?
In a study, 145 yoga teachers and other health workers used the Surge of Chi Exerciser for 30 days. At the end of the study, 76 percent reported:
- 1First, a decrease in tension.
- 2Also, improvements in back, neck, and shoulders.
- 3Next, an increase in your energy.
- 4Also, improved relaxation.
- 5In addition, an increase in general mobility and flexibility.
- 6Also, a reduction in pain and discomfort.
- 7Finally, improvements in sleep patterns.
Next, 70 percent reported the following mental health benefits:
- 1First, an increased clarity of thought and alertness.
- 2Next, an improved ability to cope with stress.
- 3Also, improved focus and concentration.
- 4In addition, a calmer mind.
- 5And, a more positive outlook.
Finally, 50 percent reported the following emotional benefits:
- 1First, an improved emotional balance and stability.
- 2Next, an increased sense of well-being.
- 3Finally, feeling calmer and less stressed.
While the available speed of the machine ranged from 80 to 160 swings per minute, the average top speed used was 135 swings per minute. Also, most participants preferred the slower speeds when they used the machine in manual mode. In addition, most reported it’s important to start with a slower speed. Furthermore, they reported slower speeds were better to get relaxed while the higher speeds were good for getting energized.
Q: How Effective is this Machine?
Now, it is reported that research shows using the machine for five minutes gives you, in terms of calories burned, the same benefits as walking one mile.
Meanwhile, a 2015 study compared the effectiveness of passive and active motion exercise among elderly nursing home residents. Indeed, the study found both passive and active exercise are similarly effective in improving functional fitness of these residents.
Furthermore, another study found that passive leg movements have the capacity to induce muscular activity in the lower limbs. Incidentally, this electrical activity was measured using electromyographic techniques. In addition, the study found passive leg movements enhances oxygen metabolism in the lower limb muscles.
Next, a study appeared on page 1,821 in the September 2016 edition of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. And, this study reported that passive exercise, such as using the motor driven pedal helps. In fact, passive exercise helps by burning extra calories, lowering blood sugar, and insulin levels in inactive people. Consequently, by simply having their legs moved by motorized exercisers, the insulin sensitivity of inactive people increased after eating. In fact, this occurred because blood sugar rises were reduced after eating.
Q: When Should You Use This Machine?
Use it to Treat Lymphedema
Now, a significant proportion of those who survive lower torso cancer treatments end up developing lymphedema in the lower legs. By the way, lymphedema is fluid retention in the lower legs. Moreover, studies have shown that a three-week treatment with a chi machine, resulted in statistically significant reductions in total leg volume, leg fluids, whole body extracellular fluids, weight and subjective leg symptoms. Consequently, using chi machines allows you to reduce fluid retention in the home instead of having to go to outpatient clinics or hospitals.
Use it for Fluid Retention and Poor Blood Circulation
Meanwhile, others with a tendency to accumulate fluids in the legs, or have poor blood circulation in the legs, can get similar benefits from chi machines.
Use it for Losing Weight
Next, manufacturers claim that using chi machines for 15 minutes is equivalent to a brisk walk for 90 minutes. Moreover, you don’t have to sweat, and do in 15 minutes what it would otherwise take 90 minutes.
Use it for Back Pain
Also, manufacturers claim chi machines can bring relief to back pain and improve spinal alignment because vibrating the spine relieves pressure and reduces misalignment.
Use it for Getting Good Sleep
In addition, chi machines can be used to get good sleep. In fact, using it for 20 minutes just before bed, may help you fall asleep. However, to get the most success using this machine, you should have a good sleep hygiene, such as avoiding caffeine after 2 in the afternoon.
Finally, chi machines may help with stress, bad posture, and headaches.
Q: When Shouldn't You Use this Machine?
- 1First, during pregnancy.
- 2Second, less than 3 months after major surgery or bone fracture.
- 3Next, if you have serious heart disease.
- 4Or, you have serious infection.
- 5Also, if you have bleeding injuries.
- 6In addition, if you have epilepsy.
- 7Moreover, chi machines should not be used within 30 minutes of eating - longer for large meals.
- 8Furthermore, if severe pain occurs during its use, this should be properly investigated before continuing.
- 9Meanwhile, temporary tiredness and headaches can result from the release of toxins from the tissues. Consequently, should these symptoms occur, reduce the time and be sure to drink plenty of water.
- 10Finally, if you experience mild discomfort, nausea or dizziness during use, simply reduce the time to one or two minutes only and then increase again slowly. Also, for dizziness, a small pillow can be placed under the head until the problem resolves.
Q: How Do You Use this Machine?
Q: How Often and How Long Should I Use this Machine?
First, start by using the machine for 30 seconds. And, you can use it four to six times day. Then, after every week of use increase the duration by 30 seconds. Meanwhile, listening to soothing music improves its effectiveness.