26 Awesome Ways Chi Exercise Machines Make You Good Now
The Chi Exercise Machine is a passive exercise machine which moves your lower legs side to side while you are lying on the floor. Moreover, this side to side movement of the ankles vibrates your body.
What Do You Get From Chi Exercise Machines?
Chi Machine Improves Circulation
- 1First, low speeds of a chi machine improves blood flow through the lower half of the body, while higher speeds improve blood flow through the upper half
- 2Consequently, oxygen levels increase, which helps to oxygenate the spinal column and body
- 3Also, it helps decrease blood pressure
- 4In addition, the massage action on the spine stimulates the Sympathetic Nervous System. As a result, spinal “marrow” blood production increases. Therefore, one of those benefitting from this machine would be anyone suffering from anemia.
- 5Lastly, oxygen intake by the cells increases to promote cell repair
- 1First, body’s movement stimulates globulin production which benefits the immune system
- 2Next, chi exercise machines stimulate the lymphatic system, which is responsible for clearing excess fluids from the body. By the way, the lymphatic system has no way to clear excess fluids on its own. Instead, it relies on muscle contractions through deep breathing, exercise, and manual manipulations to move its fluid in the body. Indeed, research has shown that chi swing devices are an effective at-home adjunct therapy for patients who have experienced a decline in their lymphatic system (condition referred to as lymphoedema). Furthermore, this condition can develop alongside other health problems and cause a buildup of fluids, usually in the legs and feet.
- 3Also, low swing speed increases elimination of toxins from the lower half of the body, while high swing speed eliminate them from the upper half
- 4Lastly, the improved lymphatic flow is beneficial to the immune system, thereby increasing the body's ability to fight off infection and repair damaged cells
- 1First, a chi machine passively exercises and stretches back muscles
- 2Next, it relaxes muscles, including back muscles, by giving them a soothing massage
- 3Lastly used before a workout, it loosens muscles making it easier for you to exercise
- 1First, it realigns the spine
- 2Next, it relieves stress by relaxing the spine and nervous system
- 3Lastly, it loosens tight hips and spine
Calmness and Relaxation
- 1First, chi machines provides a feeling of calmness
- 2Next, it helps achieve a state of deep relaxation and overall revitalization
- 3Lastly, you get better, more restful sleep
- 1First, chi machines rejuvenate and increase energy levels. For example, they restores energy lost from fibromyalgia or lyme’s disease.
- 2Next, it improves overall health and physiological function.
- 3Also, by increasing your metabolism it helps you lose weight.
- 4In addition, it improves and maximizes athletic performance.
- 5Lastly, people with disabling injuries, chronic pain, or inability to exercise can use the machine as a substitute for exercise.
Other Benefits of a Chi Machine
- 1First, a chi machine stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, spinal column, and vertebrae to relieve back pain, neck and shoulder pain, muscle pain, and neuralgia.
- 2Also, it reduces leg swelling and swollen ankles.
- 3Lastly, the agitation helps constipation and improves the ability to digest food.
What Does Research Show?
In a study, 145 yoga teachers and other health workers used the Surge of Chi Exerciser for 30 days. At the end of the study, 76 percent reported that:
- 1First, they felt a decrease in tension
- 2Also, they experienced improvements in back, neck, and shoulders
- 3Next, they felt more energized
- 4Also, they felt more relaxed
- 5In addition, they experienced an increase in general mobility and flexibility
- 6Also, they experienced less pain and discomfort
- 7Finally, their sleeping patterns improved
Next, 70 percent reported the following mental health benefits:
- 1First, an increased clarity of thought and alertness
- 2Next, an improved ability to cope with stress
- 3Also, improved ability to focus and concentrate
- 4In addition, a calmer mind
- 5And, a more positive outlook
Finally, 50 percent reported the following emotional benefits:
- 1First, an improved emotional balance and stability
- 2Next, an increased sense of well-being
- 3Finally, they felt calmer and less stressed
Chi Machine Speed
While the available speed of a chi machine ranged from 80 to 160 swings per minute, the average top speed used was 135 swings per minute. Also, most participants preferred the slower speeds when they used the machine in manual mode. In addition, most reported it’s important to start with a slower speed. Furthermore, they reported slower speeds were better to get relaxed while the higher speeds were good for getting energized.
When is the Best Time to Use Chi Machine?
Chi Machine Before Breakfast
Above all, the best time is before breakfast. In fact, you get the following benefits:
- 1First, your brain gets mentally focused
- 2Next, your body is energized, and
- 3Lastly, it jump starts your day
Meanwhile, using the machine around lunch time re-energizes you. However, use the machine either before eating or at least one hour after eating.
Dinner or Bedtime
Finally, using the machine after dinner helps you get restful sleep. However, use the machine at least one hour after eating. And, if the machine energizes you too much, use it at least one hour before going to bed. Also, you could use it before dinner and, if necessary, go to bed at least one hour after dinner.
However, since this machine helps you sleep, it's best to use it just prior to bedtime. Consequently, while you could use the machine for 10 to 20 minutes prior to sleeping, it's best to use it for as long as you are comfortable and not energize you so much that it prevents you from falling asleep.
How to Use Chi Exercise Machines?
Most of all, the description below gives you an idea of how to use the machine.
First, use a room where you won't be disturbed. That means no phone, no watching TV, no kids, no conversations. Moreover, soft, relaxing music may help maximize the benefits.
First, place the machine on a solid surface such as a hard floor with a carpet. On the other hand, if you are confined to bed, use a hard board underneath the machine. However, the board and the machine on top must stay in place and not move around. Finally, a firm mattress is also acceptable, again, so long as the machine stays in place.
First, place machine on floor or other hard surface and plug in to a power outlet. Next, lay down so that your feet hang past the ankle rests just enough so they will move gently back and forth when the machine is turned on. However, if the feet hit each other, turn them slightly outwards.
Next, relax your arms loosely by your sides with palms down. Also, avoid using a pillow under your head, as this hinders the machine's motion from reaching your head. In addition, those with severe knee problems may need to place a rolled towel or small cushion under their knees.
If this is the first time using the machine, start with four to six minutes, once or twice a day. Then, gradually increase to 15 to 20 minutes, once or twice a day. Most of all, do not start at 15 to 20 minutes or you may feel nauseous, weak legged, or have minor aches and pains. In addition, never exceed 20 minutes a session, as this will detox the body too quickly for some.
On the other hand, for someone in poor health, bedridden, frail or in a lot of pain one or two minutes a day, is enough. Moreover, as they improve, they can slowly increase duration.
Furthermore, if any discomfort is experienced at any time, simply reduce duration for as long as you need to, before adding minutes again, very slowly.
Once timer is set, the ankle rest will begin moving back and forth moving your feet from side to side. Moreover, this movement will carry up through your legs and torso, and then to the upper body and head, causing your body to move. The most movement occurs in the lower body, while the upper spine, neck and head will feel a gentle, soothing motion.
Most noteworthy, the side to side movement promotes stimulation and balance of the Autonomic Nervous System. As a result, the body and mind become relaxed with reduction in stress.
And, as the body sways, close your eyes, relax and surrender as much as possible. Meanwhile, take deep, slow breaths to get the most benefit and relaxation.
Next, when the machine stops, it is important to lie still for at least three minutes. Especially relevant, this is the time is when the wave of healing CHI energy is felt circulating throughout the body. Indeed, 40 percent of the therapeutic effect occurs while the machine is moving, and 60 percent when it stops.
Therefore, continue lying down with your eyes closed, continue to relax, and enjoy the 'tingling rush' of your chi. This 'rest period' enables you to absorb and process chi energy. Finally, it allows the body to absorb the beneficial effects of the motion.